What are the LAMA Community and Council Awards?
The Community and Council Awards presented by IPB Insurance and LAMA highlight and recognise community and councils working together, bringing national recognition to projects and developments that may otherwise go unrecognised. Town, Burough, City and County councillors nominate projects across 20 categories that demonstrate the work implemented through unique projects that enhance their local area for the good of the community.Once a project is nominated, the individual(s) associated with the nominated project or initiative are contacted and given the opportunity to submit an entry into the awards. Detailed criteria for each category are easily available in the Category section of our website.
The category winners for 2017 will be announced at a gala Awards ceremony on February 4th. The evening commences with a drinks reception followed by a 3 course dinner, the awards presentations and finally music and dancing to finish off the night.
The awards are broken up throughout the evening, and are presented to the winners by sponsoring companies and LAMA representatives. All winners will be presented with a beautiful bespoke, engraved crystal trophy and will also have a photo opportunity with one of the VIP presenters. Winners of these prestigious awards will also receive an Awards logo for use on their website and for all printed corporate materials.
Awards Process & Format
Nominations Open: Thursday, 6th October 2016
Entries Open: Thursday, 13th October 2016
Nominations/Entries Closed: Friday, 18th November 2016
Finalist Announced: December 2017
Event Night: Saturday, February 4th 2017
*Please note that nominations are now closed.
You may nominate a project in every category, although they are not obliged to nominate in every category. All nominations all also open to the public.
All those nominated will then be contacted by event organisers and will be asked to submit their entry. There is no cost associated with submitting nominations.
- Award submissions are open to any relevant companies/councils/individuals who meetings the criteria- whether you have received a nomination or not..
- All submissions must be completed electronically. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Entry Word Count: Entries must not exceed four A4 pages of text. This does not include cover sheet. Unfortunately entries exceeding four pages cannot be considered for judging.
- Supporting material: Supporting material may include brochures, photographs, media coverage etc. Any hard copy of supporting material may be sent to the Event Manager: Marlena McKenna, Ashville Media Group, Old Stone Building, Blackhall Green, Dublin 7.
- Closing Date for Submission of Entries is Friday November 18th 2016.
- All entered projects must have been completed within the last 3 years with the exception of parks which is 5 years.
- If re-entering a project there must be substantial upgrades/ redevelopment since previous submission, and must include before & after illustrations/photos and state amount invested in redevelopment.
Submissions will be judged by a professional & independent panel of judges.
Upon announcement of category finalists, all those successful will be contacted by Event Organisers.
The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with said adjudicators regarding final grades.